Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: computer problem
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:14 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 180SX TYPEX
hey guys,
i hope im not bustin balls here but i really really need help with 2 things..

first things first.. my ecu, im pretty sure its standard and i think its been remapped becoz i was running high boost with bigger turbo and injectors front mount and zorst and the car wasnt pinging.... now i gotta go to the rta for emmisions test ive got a standard zorst on it now but tahts just for sound. i know i wont pass emmsions so im thinkin of putting a standard computer back in, now here i need help.. if i disconnect my computer will it reset??? and does any1 have a standard 96 model 180 typex computer just sitting around i just need it for 2 weeks plzz man like ive rang around and no1 has nothing....
and another thing i need a standard airbox ill buy that becoz i need to hack into it coz my cooler piping will get in the way.. if any1 is selling airbox or even a standard coimputer for cheap man ill buy it but if use wanna keep it let me borrow it... haha
thanx pplz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:51 am 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
no removing it wont remove the mapping
cant help you with the rest unfortunately :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:31 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
The programming is written into the rom so you wont lose that. Some of the minor adjustment that the computer does on the run will go back to base but will pretty much be back to normal within an hour of driving.

If you have bigger injectors then plugging in a stock ecu will give you very rich mixtures and a definate fail. I'd be inclined to do the air box and exhaust and leave it at that, otherwise you will be up for standard injectors plus installation and an ecu.

Is anyone else worried about the amount of cars getting stung for emmisions tests lately? There seem to be quite a few threads on the forums about it atm.

Also, has anyone actually been through it becuase i'm sure they can't be too strict on the test, 1) because it's a 10 or more year old car and 2) It was never required to meet an emmisions test for compliance and 3) It never necessarily met the Australian emmisions standards even when new so what are they comparing it against?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:59 am 
T78

Car: dead 180
Just don't do what I saw this VL turbo do at the EPA, come with a stuffed engine/turbo and plummet HUGE clouds of white smoke out of his exhaust, the inspector wasn't very happy about it to say the least. :wink:

On another note, some workshops should have the exhaust testers (dont know the name) where it tells them the chemical levels in the exhaust which should tell you wether it will pass or not, I know my friend has one at his work.