Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:20 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:42 pm 
T03

Car: 1993 180SX (sr20), S15 on its way
Hi Guys

I got a manual conversion done to my 180 so at the moment the reverse lights arent hooked up.
Is there a easier way to get around this somehow. I am just worried that I might get pulled over for this one day.

Thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:01 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Walking... Sideways
No easier way, you should already have all the necessary wiring to connect it up. Why wasnt it connected when the convo' was done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:05 pm 
Quad T51

Car: slow, quiet & comfy katemobile
Came across this today:

-Electrical

The Automatic transmission has a separate computer from the Engine mgmt computer. Don't bother looking for it. It still has a use once fully converted.

In the Engine bay right behind the fuses box are several wire connectors.

1) of then tells the car when your car is in a drive gear (so you can't start the vehicle. In my car the connector was TAN. I can't say for Aussie-spec. Once you find the connector disconnect the end that goes down to the Auto. Take that end clip. You don't need it. Take the two wires and soder them together creating a loop. Re- connect the TAN connector. BEWARE this will now allow you car to start in any gear.

2) Next your will see a set of three connectors (2 grey, 1 red <- Jspec is my only reference). The middle connector is what pass the info to the Auto Computer that the car is in reverse. In fact only the Green and black/gray wires matter. The remainder of the connectors are all for the Auto. Once you put the 5 spd in you can toss the remainder

REVERSE Lights

1) There are 3 connectors on the Manual tranny. The rear most one is for the speedometer. The next rear most one is the one the has the reverse lights. Connect these wires to the wires I mentioned in my 1st post. You can splice them or you can retain the orginal wiring harness and splic it into the Auto Tranny wires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:55 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Afaik they are all the same colour... Even if all of your plugs are plugged up, the wires may not match positions! Although they should if you haven't deviated from the tranny designed for the original engine of the car.... I think.. but I'm not certain, that the plugs on the back of the driver's side fusebox are for the tranny (the ones on the side being for the lower engine harness...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:28 pm 
T03

Car: 1993 180SX (sr20), S15 on its way
Umm I tried reading that post about connecting the reverse lights up but somewhere between the TAN connector and the 2 x grey and 1 x red wire I got lost.

I remember seeing 2 x different sets on connectors on the box. 1 x was towards the rear of the box and another was towards the front.

From what I've read, it sounds like I have to connect the 2 x grey and 1 x red wire to the first connector on the box. Is this correct?

:o