Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
NOT HAPPY!

:x

So I get a letter from my insurance company today, Vigil, stating that 'they are no longer renewing policies for vehicles insured for daily use in the Sydney metropolitan area'. So I have basically until the end of March to find another insurer.

The problem is no other insurer will provide me with comprehensive, bar Just Cars (for an extortionate fee).

I'm 18, drive a 1992 S13 Onevia Qs, so it's an SR20DE.

What to do? I'm contemplating selling my car but it really isn't in marketable shape at the moment, more an unfinished project.

Edit: I DON'T want third party cover, I want comprehensive. Third party is too much risk, risk that I'm not willing to take.

-Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
I think at this point it would be ok to mention the insurers name, as you are only stating the facts.

I would like to make sure its not my insurance company

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:40 pm 
Quad T88

what's the huge risk with 3rd party? Are you afraid someone's going to steal your 2litre 4cyclinder non-turbo? It wouldn't be worth their time.

I have third part, only incase i hit something like a new merc or the like, which the previous owner of my car did and is paying off a 30k bill for many decades. I'm careful with where i park my car, and it has a good alarm, etc, etc. If it gets stolen, it's bad luck, but it's only a car and relativly cheap; a few years of full comp. insurance is going to equal the value of my car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:02 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
I agree with that. I hit an audi once and thank god I have insurance or else I would be paying it through the teeth and that was when I was first learning to drive!!!!. Like I have said before in the past why not have a back up car to drive as a daily drive instead of using and spending all that money in insurance??? If u are not a good driver than I can understand the reason why, but with just cars they also cover fire and theft which is what u need.

While my s13 is in the panal beaters, they gave me a toyota camry to play around (sorry guys for mentioning it for the zillion times :lol: ) but the thing I loved about it is I really didnt car if I hit a pothole, humps or anything like that. Also, I could park it anywhere and no one would even look at it. Like I said in the other post my gf left the keys over night and much of the morning with my stuff inside and no one took off with it!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:19 am 
Twin T66

Serial Killa wrote:
I think at this point it would be ok to mention the insurers name, as you are only stating the facts.

I would like to make sure its not my insurance company

what i originally said wrote:
So I get a letter from my insurance company today, Vigil, stating that 'they are no longer renewing policies for vehicles insured for daily use in the Sydney metropolitan area'. So I have basically until the end of March to find another insurer.

Magnet wrote:
what's the huge risk with 3rd party? Are you afraid someone's going to steal your 2litre 4cyclinder non-turbo? It wouldn't be worth their time.

You seem pretty sure about that don't you?

Well, I'm not going to go into details, but my car has been targeted before. They might just come back one night, who knows.

Thirdly, at night, and with a 180sx front end, it might be natural for some moron to assume it is turbo anyway.

I also like being covered if I fuck up, not just for damage to my car but if I hurt myself. People tend to think 'ah I can pay for my car to get repaired' but what if you end up with spinal injuries, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:26 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Then the insurance company finds a loophole and youre fucked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:29 am 
T88 Hybrid

Our car is our heart and joy. Sorry magnet but have to disagree with u there. Thefts would target anyone. Some people rely on their cars for work and stufy and so on. For me for example if I have no car it would make my life impossible. Of course at the end of the day it is up the person to decide on what they want to do as its their life and choice, but all we can do is offear our thoughts behind it......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:29 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Sorry dude didnt read it properly.

Try Famous car insurance

22 years old, S15, 1000 cheaper than just cars and pay by the month

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:31 am 
T88 Hybrid

Thats pretty good, maybe next time I will go with them!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:13 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
i want a silvia wrote:

I also like being covered if I fuck up, not just for damage to my car but if I hurt myself. People tend to think 'ah I can pay for my car to get repaired' but what if you end up with spinal injuries, huh?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but comprehensive insurance covers your car and property damage, not damage to you.
That's what health insurance is for (or the CTP insurance if someone else is injured).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:57 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i want a silvia wrote:
Magnet wrote:

You seem pretty sure about that don't you?

Well, I'm not going to go into details, but my car has been targeted before. They might just come back one night, who knows.

my S13 SR20DE was broken into and they tried to steal it. personally i think any car is worth stealing to a thief

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:59 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
justcars fire and theft 3rd party, vehicle is covered for up to $5000 worth.
that may be a realistic option for you, i only skimmed the above posts because magnet only posts up bullshit anyway, but i may have missed the questions asked.

Your car is probably worth more then $5000, but if you cant afford or get the insurance, then u really cant have the car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:54 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: 1990 S13 CA18DET
try sinclair insurance as well. i got quoted $850 for full comprehensive from them for my S13 k's.

yank underwriter, but claims isn't too hard as they've got a small Australian arm and my gf had a major at fault accident that got cleaned up pretty well by them.
http://www.sinclairpremium.com/auto-australia-form.asp

fill out the instant quote form and you're away.

Car PC from Nuvo Technology!
7" auto touchscreen, VIA MII12000 board, Bluetooth Phone, WiFi, GPS, 100GB HD, 512MB RAM all in a complete package :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:46 pm 
Twin T66

Nismodified wrote:
justcars fire and theft 3rd party, vehicle is covered for up to $5000 worth.
that may be a realistic option for you, i only skimmed the above posts because magnet only posts up bullshit anyway, but i may have missed the questions asked.

Your car is probably worth more then $5000, but if you cant afford or get the insurance, then u really cant have the car

$5000 minus JustCars excesses would equal a pay out of $1900.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:46 pm 
Twin T66

dru wrote:
try sinclair insurance as well. i got quoted $850 for full comprehensive from them for my S13 k's.

yank underwriter, but claims isn't too hard as they've got a small Australian arm and my gf had a major at fault accident that got cleaned up pretty well by them.
http://www.sinclairpremium.com/auto-australia-form.asp

fill out the instant quote form and you're away.

Thanks, will give them a try.