It is currently Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:17 pm 
Token Black Guy

Car: 95 180
Taken from Sinclairs web site.....

Quote:
Australian residents can obtain insurance from Sinclair Insurance Company Ltd directly through our website. We are an Unauthorized Foreign Insurer in Australia, which means that although Australians may place their insurance policies with us, we are not subject to the prudential supervision which otherwise applies to general insurers in Australia.

Ermmm... :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:27 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Scratch that then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 pm 
T78

Car: s14a
yer sinclair doesnt sound right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:35 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: 1990 S13 CA18DET
hmm..
Full quote:
===============================
Presently, we are an Unauthorized Foreign Insurer in Australia. This means that you can purchase our insurance products, as we act offshore Australia, but we are not licensed or admitted in Australia, nor are we regulated by the Australian Regulators, including APRA or ASIC. We fully comply with any APRA requirements to ensure we are properly advising you of our status, and that you are aware of our acting offshore Australia. We invite you to contact us for any further clarifications.
===============================

never saw that but in any case we've been through a major claim already and they did it heaps quicker than some aussie insurers (won't name any names.regarding.names.aye) that i've dealt with.

Car PC from Nuvo Technology!
7" auto touchscreen, VIA MII12000 board, Bluetooth Phone, WiFi, GPS, 100GB HD, 512MB RAM all in a complete package :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
JIN S13 wrote:
Sorry magnet but have to disagree with u there

I think i conveyed my thoughts well in my first post.

Let's look at the big picture, his car's worth, what, 6, 7 or 8 max, and he wants to put a $1500+ premium on it, per year. I understand you're worried about it getting stolen, we all worry. If say, in 3 years time, your car gets stolen, you've paid 5k in premiums, then your excess, you're not going to be infront, considering how much the market will've dropped by then, and how much the price of your car will've dropped.

I can understand if someone had an S15 valued at 25k wants insurance, but for an NA S13 onevia(although extreamly hektik) valued at 7 or 8k, it just doesn't seem worth it, in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:56 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
but you're a tight ass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
insuring the car itself isnt the cost, its the risk of a young drive to the insurance company. that is why it costs so much. its the potential damage that the driver can do to OTHER peoples property.

if the car is stole, value of 6k for example, 1000 excess, they pay you 5k. wow i bet they made that in 1 week with your money. its nothing to them. but if you total your car, take out a bus shelter with people in it after hitting a 200,000 merc. THATs gonna cost money lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:18 pm 
Twin T66

Magnet wrote:
JIN S13 wrote:

Let's look at the big picture, his car's worth, what, 6, 7 or 8 max, and he wants to put a $1500+ premium on it, per year. I understand you're worried about it getting stolen, we all worry. If say, in 3 years time, your car gets stolen, you've paid 5k in premiums, then your excess, you're not going to be infront, considering how much the market will've dropped by then, and how much the price of your car will've dropped.

I can understand if someone had an S15 valued at 25k wants insurance, but for an NA S13 onevia(although extreamly hektik) valued at 7 or 8k, it just doesn't seem worth it, in my opinion.

I paid under $900 a year for comprehensive before. With an agreed value of $9000 and an excess of $500 in the case of theft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:22 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
Magnet wrote:
JIN S13 wrote:

I'd be more than happy to pay 1500 on a premium to cover me if I get hit or hit someone else....you can't put senarios on insurance magnito.. because it's insuring you against the what if's... YOU CAN'T TAKE THE WHAT IF'S OUT OF INSURANCE!

ps.. it's not insurance it's "incase shit happens"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:54 pm 
Quad T88

Hence why i said i wouldn't drive without 3rd party. So that covers everyone else, but if you damage your car, it's too bad. So what're trying to say liz, that's it's wrong of me not to think it's right to have full coverage incase the car gets written-off or stolen? I was making the point that if that did happen, being that the car's relativly cheap(under 10k) and from the money i've saved not having full-comp, i'm not going to be overly out of pocket.

I can put what ifs into perspective if i feel like it, especially when they're helping to explain my thoughts. Splashman made a good point though.

If you can afford compreshensive, and you're happy to pay it, then go for it.

i want a silvia wrote:
I paid under $900 a year for comprehensive before. With an agreed value of $9000 and an excess of $500 in the case of theft.

Who was that with? Even i'd consider paying that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:00 pm 
Twin T66

Vigil, but they aren't insuring cars for daily use in metropolitan Sydney anymore - hence my conundrum. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:53 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
hmm.. im not in the city... But im still too pov for $900 :lol:

Plus the 180 never gets driven any more (havent used it for a month!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:01 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
Magnet wrote:
Hence why i said i wouldn't drive without 3rd party. So that covers everyone else, but if you damage your car, it's too bad. So what're trying to say liz, that's it's wrong of me not to think it's right to have full coverage incase the car gets written-off or stolen? I was making the point that if that did happen, being that the car's relativly cheap(under 10k) and from the money i've saved not having full-comp, i'm not going to be overly out of pocket.

I can put what ifs into perspective if i feel like it, especially when they're helping to explain my thoughts. Splashman made a good point though.

If you can afford compreshensive, and you're happy to pay it, then go for it.

i want a silvia wrote:

Who was that with? Even i'd consider paying that.

I don't know you from a bar of soap, and you don't know me, so there is no need to come across rude and arrogant.. we both drive red cars (i probably drive mine better), we should be friends lol.

I wasn't saying it was wrong of you, YOU sir, are defensive as hell. I was merely pointing out that if you put that kind of senario on insurance, more often than not, it won't seem worth it unless something bad happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:40 pm 
Quad T88

Yeah my bad, I just typed what i was thinking, wasn't really concentrating on structuring it so i don't come off like an asshat; as per most of my posts. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Magnet wrote:
Yeah my bad, I just typed what i was thinking, wasn't really concentrating on structuring it so i don't come off like an asshat; as per most of my posts. :)

Smartest thing you've ever said Ryan :lol: :P