Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:30 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
You wont have a problem with Diff oil coming out when doing a change-over, it's sealed up pretty good.

If you do happen to drop one of these things on your head, you can expect one side of the skull to touch the other, they weight enough.

When I did the Diff in my 180sx, the guy helping me dropped the long tail shaft connecting section on his toe, and shattered the bone in his toe, was p1ss-funny to watch but in all seriousness, could have resulted in a far worse injury for me lowering and lifting the thing.

With mine, I cracked all the bolts before actually going ahead with the removal/replacement, as Jap cars are known for rusting over on the bolts. With my current car, I snapped 2 snap-on breaker bars and 1 of the 22mm main bolts, hainving to diamond-tip drill the snapped bolt out, and re-tap the thread (bloody Soarers).

Unless your confident and mechanically minded, I wouldn't tackle it yourself, at best get a friend that knows what they are doing to help you.
I used a trolleyjack getting it back in, and had the car on ramps with jackstands underneath as well (the ramps where the fail-safe).

B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 am 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
take it to luis at drift garage, he can do it for a good price as well compared to what others would charge.
www.driftgarage.com.au
8)